|Location:||ALN 172, Tampa Campus|
The University of South Florida System (USF System) is a diverse community that values and expects respect and fair treatment of all people. The USF System strives to provide a work and study environment for faculty, staff and students that is free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, or genetic information, as provided by law. The USF System protects its faculty, staff, and students from discrimination and harassment based on sexual orientation, as well as gender identity and expression. The USF System is also committed to the employment and advancement of qualified veterans with disabilities and veterans protected under the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act, as amended (VEVRAA). As part of the effort to maintain an environment that is comfortable for all people and to ensure consistency with state and federal laws, the USF System establishes this policy. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are prohibited within the USF System, and complaints of such conduct are to be filed with one of the two designated offices within the USF System, specifically the Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity (DEO) or the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities (OSRR or the appropriate Student Affairs office at the campus or institution where the discrimination/harassment occurred). The designated office will review such complaints and provide appropriate response including counseling, mediation, and/or referral for disciplinary action, up to and including termination from employment and/or expulsion from the USF System. In addition, DEO and OSRR will, as part of their internal processes, report any conduct that may be criminal in nature, such as bias-motivated crimes, to the appropriate law enforcement entities as set forth in section [IV.B.] below.
Additionally, discriminatory conduct in the form of sexual misconduct/sexual harassment is also prohibited. (Please see USF System Policy 0-004, Sexual Misconduct/Sexual Harassment (Including Battery).
For additional information, please see the links at the top of the page.
USFSM Diversity Office
USFSM is dedicated to creating a community in which students, faculty, staff and community members value the rich diversity each person contributes to our campus and the world.
USFSM fosters an environment that:
- Sustains a campus and community atmosphere that is inclusive of race, ethnicity, sex, age, language/dialect, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, socio-economic status and religious conviction;
- Creates a setting that embraces individual differences and cultivates a campus atmosphere that is free from bias;
- Provides a sense of community and a place to learn about the different aspects of community life;
- Fulfills educational goals;
- Provides counseling that allows individuals to address challenges (e.g., academic, social, financial, professional or personal);
- Improves leadership and direction for the continuous assessment and improvement of university-wide diversity efforts; and
- Creates a sense of inclusion.
USFSM will continuously work to create a place to maximize the benefits of a multicultural perspective and to help sustain a more inclusive community of learners regarding diversity.