A part-time cohort of the USF Tampa School of Social Work MSW program, hosted by USF Sarasota-Manatee.
|Minimum Total Hours||60|
|Program (Major/College)||Delivered by the USF Tampa School of Social Work and hosted by USF Sarasota-Manatee|
|USF Tampa School of Social Work Website||socialwork.cbcs.usf.edu/masters/|
|USF Sarasota-Manatee Social Work Website||http://usfsm.edu/programs/msw/|
Through a carefully designed curriculum of core courses, electives, and supervised field experience, the MSW program prepares students for professional social work practice. Students acquire specialized knowledge and skills necessary for clinical practice with individuals, families, and groups.
- The USF Tampa School of Social Work is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- For information on institutional regional accreditation, visit the usfsm.edu for SACSCOC accreditation information for USF Sarasota-Manatee.
- Students are currently taking 2-3 courses a term for 7 consecutive terms.
- The entire program is 21 courses, including field placements (60 credits).
- The program is designed for students to pursue part-time—taking courses in the evenings and some Saturdays.
- Every effort is made to find field placements that can also accommodate the schedules of working students.
- Coursework is supported online through Blackboard.
- Each student is assigned one of the USF Sarasota-Manatee Social Work faculty members as a mentor.