Academic minors are an organized curriculum offered to students to enhance or complement the degree to be awarded in a manner that leads to specific educational or occupational goals. Students interested in a particular minor should obtain the specific requirements from the appropriate colleges.
Each academic minor conforms to the University requirements:
- A minimum of 8 semester hours of credit used to satisfy the requirements of a minor must be from USFSM courses.
- A student may not have a major and a minor in the same program.
- College courses used in the major may not apply to the minor.
- USF System institution coursework for a minor must have a GPA of at least 2.00.
- USFSM undergraduate degree-seeking students are eligible for a minor.
- A minor can be applied for and received only in conjunction with applying for and receiving a baccalaureate degree, except for students who have already received a baccalaureate degree from USFSM. Those students may earn certification of a minor by taking additional undergraduate coursework at USFSM and applying for the certification.